|Category:||Power & Energy|
|Exhibition center:||Novotel Perth Langley|
Hotels search near to Novotel Perth Langley
Overview interest facts - Decarbonising the Resources Sector Summit 2023
Australia has long been a Resources powerhouse and is now in the spotlight and facing increasing pressure from regulators, investors, customers & the community globally to decarbonise operations.
Creating zero carbon operations is now within reach if the right solutions and technologies are implemented, making it the right time for the resources sector to take action and accelerate their efforts to decarbonize. Multiple efforts will be required to address the sources of emissions and many companies are already setting increasingly ambitious targets for their CO2 emissions and putting their plans in place to achieve these targets.
The Decarbonising the Resources Sector Summit will examine pathways to decarbonisation and how Mining, Oil & Gas companies can prosper in a low carbon world using innovative solutions & emerging cost-effective technologies. The event is designed as a platform bring together resources companies, leading technology and innovation experts, energy industry innovators and investors to discuss and explore the latest opportunities, challenges, initiatives, innovative technologies, and developments for reducing the resources industry’s CO2 emissions to zero.
Join us on the 15-16 June 2022 in Perth as we explore can how the resources sector can thrive in a new age of decarbonisation and sustainability.
Overview of exhibitors / visitors - Decarbonising the Resources Sector Summit 2023
Some of the topics to be discussed include:
- The current state of the industry & how the resources sector can thrive in a new age of “sustainability & decarbonisation”
- Solutions, actions, and benchmarks for a net zero emissions
- What would take to decarbonise aggressively and achieve the 1.5°C climate-change goal?
- Case studies from resources companies leading the way on their moves towards zero CO2 emissions using new technologies and advanced analytics to achieve sustainable sourcing, fuel switching, fleet decarbonisation, green electricity & process refinements.
- The role of short-, mid-, and long-term opportunities for decarbonisation
- Low carbon technologies and renewables in mining, Oil & Gas decarbonisation plans
- Funding option and how the numbers stack up – What are the costs and the investments required?
- The role and opportunity for collaboration to achieve success
- Hydrogen market developments and the impacts and opportunities for the resources sector
- Future-proofing Australia’s resource exports in a decarbonizing world
- Opportunities for renewable power purchase agreements (PPAs)